Monday, February 22, 2010

CA Imperial Stout


12 lbs Pale LME
1 lb. Crystal 40L
1/2 lb. Chocolate Malt
1/2 lb. Black Patent
1/2 lb. Roasted

1 oz. Cascade hops (60 min boil)
1 oz. Cascade (30 min boil)
1 oz. Cascade (15 min)
1 oz. Willamette hops (5 min late boil)
1 oz. Willamette hops (end of boil)

White Labs WLP005

-----------

So I made this recipe once before, but this time I altered it a little bit because I have a pound each of Cascade and Willamette hops. Brewed it on Sunday, Feb 14 with the help of my friend Jonathon, and I racked it to secondary last night. This picture is from the day after we brewed it. Nice krausen has formed, and it bubbling away! I'm going to let this sit in the fermenter for a while, maybe a couple of months.

Next up, I think I'm going to attempt a lager!

No comments: