Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chargers and L.T. Part Ways


I am really bummed about this, but I guess it was inevitable. The offensive scheme of the Chargers has shifted over the last couple of seasons, and Philip Rivers has really taken command as the leader of this team. It's been obvious that the LT we all knew and loved has "lost a step", but I really think he could have still contributed to this team.

That being said, I understand it's a business and players are just commodities, traded and dropped like something that get's traded or dropped. What's gonna happen if he goes to New Orleans and they win another Super Bowl?!? There's already enough mumblings about letting Drew Brees go. Not that I think that might happen...

Bottom line is, I wish the best for LT. But if he succeeds somewhere else, does that prove that we were all wrong? It's kind of lose-lose. If he falls on his face, we would hate to see this guy we all love be embarrassed. But if he has a 1000 yard season, we look like dopes for letting him go.

Good thing it's just Football. ;-)

No comments: